Having a pond on your property can be great. Ponds are known for being aesthetic and also soothing. A well-made water feature can elevate the atmosphere of your garden and take it to the next level. In order to make the most out of a fountain, you need to breathe some life into it. And this is done by using water pumps. A solar fountain pump moves water around in your fountain. The solar fountain pump can be used to make a water fountain or simply for creating water flow in your pond. Solar powered pond pumps come in many shapes and sizes. You can find a pond pump for large and small ponds. While they’re fun to have, they can also be power hungry.
Leaving a water fountain pump on for the entire day is going to bloat your energy bill. Fortunately, we now have easy access to solar technology. There are pond pumps that are fitted with solar panels and they run on solar energy. They’re energy efficient and also convenient. Today, we’re going to go through the top solar pond pumps that you can find on the market. We’ve carefully picked some of the best solar powered pond pumps for you to check out. You can also browse through our buyer’s guide in order to learn more about them.
Top 5 Solar Pond Pumps in 2020
- Eco Friendly: It is an extremely competent solar panel. It is controlled with solar power...
- Sprayer for Different Water Style: There are 4 different types of nozzle heads attached...
- ECO-FRIENDLY SOLAR FOUNTAIN PUMP --- This Ankway solar bird bath fountain pump runs...
- CONVENIENT FUNCTION DESIGN --- Simply cleaning, easily move to different locations, no...
- The Solariver Solar Water Pump Kit moves large volumes of water without ever plugging into...
- The durable and efficient submersible brushless magnetic pump has a long life (20,000+...
- Recycles The Same Water From The Bowl
- Operates In Direct Sunlight
- Solar Powered- Solar-powered, no battery or electricity required, safe and eco-friendly....
- Unique Function- Creatively designed with direct-drive performance for short start-up time...
Why Should You Consider Going Solar?
A solar powered pump is a garden lover’s best friend. It can help you add so much more to your garden’s atmosphere. A lot of people still don’t consider solar gadgets as an option. This is thanks to their prices; when compared to their regular counterparts, solar devices certainly look more expensive. However, if you make a long-term comparison between solar and non-solar devices, things look different.
If you buy a solar fountain pump, you will need to pay for it only once. After that, the solar powered fountain pump be totally free to use. Whereas, a non-solar pond pump will consume energy whenever you turn it on. This alone is a compelling enough argument for why you should buy a solar pond pump. You won’t have to worry about your energy bill. You can leave your fountain running for as long as you want.
Advantages of Solar Water Pumps
Solar powered pond pumps have a number of advantages over conventional pumps. Apart from being energy efficient, they’re also:
- Easy to install: you don’t have to worry about laying out any wiring for your solar fountain. These solar powered pumps can be set up in a few simple steps. And since a solar water pump kit comes with everything that you need to install them, they’re set up is hassle free.
- Can be used more flexibly: a solar powered pond pump can be installed in a variety of water features. This is thanks to a pond pump‘s versatile design and their wireless nature.
- Silent operation: compared to normal pond pumps, solar powered pond pumps make very little noise. This means that you can actually hear the water in your fountain flowing.
- Long lasting: solar pumps are really low-maintenance. You don’t have to worry about renewing their wiring. Neither do you have to take them out for maintenance. This means that they have really long lifespans. An average solar pond pump will keep on working for a very long time.
Drawbacks of a Solar Powered Fountain Pump
Solar pumps are great, but they aren’t perfect. They have a handful of limitations that you need to know.
- Their most obvious limitation is their reliance on sunlight. For a solar pump to work, its solar panel must be exposed to direct sunlight. This means that your solar pond won’t be operational at night or when there’s low sunlight. Unless, you get one that has a battery pack. Solar fountain pumps with batteries use their solar panel to harvest energy and then store it in their batteries.
- Different pond pump have different water volume ratings. If a solar pump is used to move more water than it is designed for, it’s performance will suffer. You need to be sure of your fountain’s volume before buying a pump for it.
Types of Solar Pond Pumps
These pumps come in two flavors; submersible and external. Submersible pumps are designed to be placed inside of your pond. They have a separate solar panel unit that is installed outside of your pond. The solar panels provide it with energy and the pump functions while staying out of sight. An external fountain pump is placed outside of your fountain.
Submersible pumps are ideal for smaller fountains. They’re silent and they stay out of sight. External pumps are usually larger and more powerful. They’re suitable for larger water bodies.
Picking The Right Pump
Anyone who is new to pond pump will have trouble figuring out what to get. There are a few factors that you should keep in mind. First, you need to know what water capacity will a pump need in order to function in your pond. Water capacity is measured in gallons per hour (GPH) and is affected by a pump’s wattage. Most pumps have different levels of water capacity at different wattage levels.
You also need to focus on the solar panel of your pump. Different solar panels have different wattages. Go for a pump with a high quality panel that is capable of producing sufficient power.
Solar powered water pumps have a max head rating that determines how high can they shoot water. A higher max head will result in a taller fountain.
Solar fountain pumps are amazing for a number of reasons. They can bring down your energy costs while also making your fountain look better. Their installation is easy and they are also silent. A solar pump will also last you for a lot longer than a regular water pump.
Apart from being convenient and practical, they’re also available in various forms. You can find solar pond pump for small ponds. While they aren’t perfect, they’re definitely better than regular water pumps. This makes them worth buying.