Solar powered lights have been gaining popular in the last couple of years. You can see them popping up as attractive options in a lot of outdoor lighting set ups. Solar outdoor light solutions have become common thanks to solar technology becoming more affordable. It’s really easy to find a number of great solar lights for your home nowadays.
Today, we’re going to be taking a look at solar porch lights. Porch and patio lights play a major role in enhancing your home’s exterior look. They also help increase your home’s security by keeping your immediate surroundings well-lit. when it comes to solar porch light options, we have so many different options available to us. All of these options can leave a newbie feeling confused about what to get.
Our buyer’s guide is going to give you a quick rundown on everything that you need to know about solar lights. We have also handpicked a number of great solar powered foyer lights that you can buy right now.
Top 5 Best Solar Porch Lights in 2021
- 【World-leading Solar Light Brand】As the leader of the solar light industry, LITOM...
- 【Brighter & Wider Lighting】Equipped with upgraded high power LEDs and newest energy...
- Independently Adjustable Light & Panel: Other alternatives with combined light panel head...
- Improved Brightness & 2 Working Modes: With super brightness, this solar spotlight can...
- Ultra Bright LED: The upgraded 44 chip can make more area super bright with 500lm, ideal...
- Rechargeable: Rechargeable 2200mAh lithium 18650 Li-ion battery make the solar light last...
- 【Manufacturer(seller) provide 100-Week 100% FREE REPLACEMENT or MONEY BACK...
- 【2-Working Mode Motion Sensor Light】- Solar security emergency lights with motion...
- Super Bright Lights: powerful 38 LED lights provide excellent illumination for your...
- High-Efficient Green Energy: Power recharged by sunlight and stored in a long-lasting...
Solar lights have been around for quite some time. They are basic LED lights that are fitted with panels. Instead of having to be wired to an electrical connection, they rely on their solar panel as their primary power source. A typical solar light will have a solar panel integrated into its body. This solar panel is connected to an internal battery that stores power. During the day, a solar wall light will charge itself. When it starts getting dark, the light detects the light level through a sensor and turns itself on.
Solar lights used to be expensive because of the technology used in them. But now, they have become much more affordable. And apart from being affordable, they have also become more efficient and reliable.
Their ability to power themselves is really neat. You don’t have to worry about turning your foyer lights on and off every day. And you get to save a bunch of money since they are running on free energy. Solar powered porch and patio lights are powered by the sun. you can leave them on for as long as you want without worrying about your energy consumption.
How Do Solar Porch Lights Work?
Solar lights are completely self-sustainable. Meaning that they don’t need to be wired. This makes their installation very easy. All you have to do is find a spot in your porch where a decent amount of sunlight shines throughout the day. It is important that your light’s solar panel is exposed to sunlight. Otherwise, it may not charge efficiently.
Once you have found the right spot for your light, all you have to do is install it and go about your business. These lights have sensors in them that turn them on and off depending on the light levels in their surroundings. This effectively automates your foyer lights.
There are also security versions of solar lights. These work in the exact same way as other solar LED light. The one difference is that they are fitted with motion sensors. A motion sensor switches the light on whenever it detects movement near the light. This can be a good security measure to keep unwanted company away.
The panel of outdoor solar lights is connected to an internal battery. This battery stores energy being produced by the panel and supplies it to the light.
Advantages of Solar Lights
Ambient and illuminative lighting on any building’s exterior looks great. It makes your house look more lively and more welcoming. Warm white lighting can really give a cozy feel to your porch. At the same time, it also helps keep your house secure. A well-lit property is less likely to attract unwanted attention.
For porch and patio lights, you only have to pay once. After you have bought and installed them, they will cost you nothing to function. Having solar lights around your house can help you save a lot of money in the long run by lowering your energy costs. And as the cost of this technology will continue to decrease, it will only become more cost-effective.
Being a self-contained system makes solar lights safe from power outages. Your light will continue to function even if your property has been completely cut off from power. You also don’t have to worry about maintaining wiring for these lights.
What to Look For in a Good Porch Light?
Solar lights are pretty amazing. And we have so many different outdoor lighting options to pick from. All these options can make picking the right kind of foyer lights difficult. As someone who is new to solar lights, you might find it trick to tell the good lights apart from the bad ones. Fortunately, there are a few things that you can focus on in order to figure out the overall quality of a light:
- Brightness levels are important. You want a light with around 700-800 lumens. Any less than this will leave you with a light that is far too dim. However, if you are looking for ambient lighting, then you will want lights that are dimmer. Ambient lights with 15-35 lumens of brightness are a great source of soft and subtle lighting.
- Battery capacity is worth nothing as well. You want a light with enough battery capacity to at least get it through the night. Most decent solar lights will offer 6 to 8 hours of battery time on a single charge.
- Some lights come with extra features as well. Such as different lighting effects, the ability to control them through your phone, built-in motion sensor and other bells and whistles. These features increase the functionality of your lights, but they also increase their price. Bear that in mind when you are looking for options.
- The type of panel is important as well. You want to make sure that the panel has a decent efficiency rating. A better efficiency rating means that it will be able to produce more electricity in a given period of time.
Overall, foyer lights can be a great investment. Not only are they more functional and convenient, they also lower your energy costs in the long run. Solar outdoor lighting is available in many shapes and sizes. The sheer amount of variety can leave you feeling confused. Fortunately, all you have to do is familiarize yourself with a handful of factors. Doing so will make it a lot easier for you to pick the right kind of porch light.
Do solar lights work under a porch?
Contrary to popular belief, solar panels don’t need direct sunlight in order to function. They can also produce electricity from bright, indirect sunlight. Of course, their solar panels won’t be able to produce their max electricity capacity, but they won’t stop working either.
To make sure that your solar porch light setup works, place your lights in areas where there’s plenty of brightness throughout the day. Outdoor solar lighting works great as long as there’s a decent amount of sunlight.
Is it safe to keep porch lights on or off?
You don’t have to worry about your solar lights overcharging themselves. Their energy system is designed to track energy production and storage. When the battery reaches full capacity, it will stop receiving any more power. Since they cannot be overcharged, you don’t have to worry about your solar powered outdoor lights becoming damaged.
What kind of lightbulb do you use for a porch light?
Solar porch lights use LED light bulbs since they are energy efficient, bright, and really long lasting. They are also less prone to sustaining damage.