There’s something about vintage design that makes it look great in a variety of settings. Vintage lamps and light fixtures are especially appealing. They can make for superb additions in your garden. Today, we’re going to take a look at solar vintage lamps. Light fixtures that have old-school aesthetics and modern-day functionality. We’ve taken the liberty of handpicking a number of great vintage lamps for you. Each solar lamp in our list runs on eco-friendly energy and is bound to look great in your garden. We also have a helpful buying guide that can familiarize you with solar powered lamps.
Top 5 Best Solar Powered Vintage Lamps in 2020
- Made of iron (white finish) and plastic, it is a decorative light so the light is subtle...
- Powered by solar, the lanterns automatically turn the lights on at dusk and off at dawn,...
- EYE-CATCHING SOLAR COLOR-CHANGING GARDEN STAKE LIGHTS, DAY AND NIGHT - 2. 5' tall LED...
- SOLAR POWERED & LIGHT SENSORED - A renewable and clean energy - powered by electricity,...
- SOLAR-POWERED LED OUTDOOR LIGHT Paradise Outdoor Solar LED Street Light is powered by the...
- DUSK-TO-DAWN LIGHT This solar street light is programmed to automatically turn on when the...
- SOLAR POWER:Solar Panel collects sunlight to charge the batteries(included) during the...
- This solar lantern is illuminated by a warm white LED Flickering flameless Candles,which...
- Solar powered and no need wiring,easy to Install,only turn ON the switch under the solar...
- IP44 waterproof outdoor garden decor stake,Premium iron rustproof and vintage copper color...
Solar panel technology has become quite common in the last few years. Thanks to this, its costs have gone down and its availability has gone up. Solar powered lamps have built-in solar panels and batteries. They work by charging their batteries during the day and then using their stored energy in the night. These lamps come in a variety of design options. You can find basic lamps and more advanced versions as well. Solar vintage lamps are the most popular design. This is thanks to their timeless and universal look.
Vintage lamp designs consist of wrought iron and glass construction. They have an iconic look and feel that blends well into most settings. A vintage solar lamp can look amazing in any outdoor area.
Why Go For Solar Lamps?
Solar-powered light fixtures tend to be expensive when compared to regular lamps. Their up-front cost often makes people think twice about buying them. However, solar lights are far more cost-effective than regular lights. Why? Because they don’t consume commercial electricity. Their independence from electricity means that they won’t increase your utility bill.
An outdoor solar light setup can cover its initial cost within a year. And after that, it will help you cut back on energy costs. In the long run, a solar light will beat any regular light in terms of costs. And they’re also eco-friendly. Meaning that you’ll participate less in harming the environment.
Cost-effectiveness isn’t the only great thing about solar power. Solar lamps are easier to set up since they don’t require wiring. And since these lamps make use of led lights, they are quite bright.
Solar lamps are amazing in many ways. But they aren’t perfect either. A lack of light can render even a great solar lamp useless. On cloudy days or during storms, your lamps will not be able to charge themselves.
How Do Solar Lamps Work?
Solar lamps rely on the sun for power. They have integrated solar panels that absorb sunlight. These lamps also have a built-in rechargeable battery. This battery stores energy that they harvest from the sun. Some solar lights give you the option to connect them with regular energy as well. You can also find models that are completely wireless and only run on solar energy.
A majority of solar lamps that are available in the market have sensors built in them. These sensors help them regulate their charging. They can also automatically turn the lights on/off. A simple light sensor can detect when the light level is low enough to turn the solar lamp on. This feature is really convenient as you don’t have to worry about turning your lamps on.
A typical solar lamp can take 4 to 12 hours to fully charge itself. And once it has reached full charge, it can stay on for up to 8 hours.
Do You Need Vintage Solar Lamps?
If you have a garden or even a well-kept backyard, then yes. Vintage light fixtures can elevate your property’s aesthetics like crazy. A solar vintage lamp will beautify your garden. And it won’t increase your utility bill. You can get wireless lamps to place amongst your plants. They can be a superb source of soft light in your garden.
Vintage lamps don’t just look good in gardens. They can also be set up on your home’s exterior. Having a pair of classic triple head lamps in your driveway can look amazing. They can instantly add a regal touch to your property. You can also hang a solar lantern or two in your backyard. Having your home’s exterior lit-up with warm white light can look amazing. It can also give your home a more welcoming feel.
Decorating your home with solar lamps requires thoughtful planning. You want your lamps to enhance your home’s look without giving overboard. You also don’t want to underdo things and end up with unimpressive results. Your best way is to pick a handful of designs that complement one another. A rule of thumb in light fixtures is to never buy one of anything. You should always install light fixtures in even numbers. It’s also important to make sure that all of your fixtures complement your home’s design.
Types of Vintage Solar Lights
You can find a huge variety of lighting options in the market. But these are the best-looking designs that you can find:
- Classic single/triple head lamp posts; these lamp posts have an impressive presence. They can provide a fair bit of ambient lighting as well. These lamp posts are ideal for installing in your garden or by your poolside.
- Vintage solar lanterns; designed to look like hanging lamps. They can add character to your garden or patio. Solar lanterns come in two types; square lanterns and oil lanterns. A great thing about these light fixtures is that they also work as ornaments.
- Classic wall lamps; you can place them on any exterior wall in order to add character. Their simple design makes them easy to fit into most spaces. And they also provide a fair bit of lighting.
These are the most popular solar vintage garden lamp options available. You can find a huge variety of other designs as well if none of these work for you.
Solar lighting is a great option for modern homes. It’s eco-friendly, cost effective, and also more convenient. Quality solar lighting can take any home’s exterior look to a whole new level.